With Kern Schools Card Alerts, you have the ability to receive text, push, and email notifications when your Visa Check Card has been used:
- To withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Without the card being present (i.e. online, mobile, or phone purchases).
- In a transaction which has been declined.
- At a gas station.
- In a foreign country.
- In a transaction which exceeds a set dollar limit.
You have full control of the alerts you receive, as all settings are fully customizable!
To download the app simply, visit the App Store on your Apple or Android device and search for Kern Schools Card Alerts.
If you do not have a compatible smartphone you can also enroll in Kern Schools Card Alerts by visiting www.ksfcu.org/cardalerts and following the instructions to set up a Card Alert online account. You can then select text and/or email alerts by choosing from the same options available on the smartphone app!
Kern Schools Card Alerts works on most popular mobile phones- if your mobile phone has a camera or games installed it should support the Card Alerts App.
To be compatible your mobile phone must:
1. Have at least 64kb of free memory.
2. OS Systems Android 4.0 and above iOS 7.1 and above
We regularly test, update and validate our security model to ensure we maintain a banking grade level of security. We also use recognized and independent security experts to validate the security of the app.
1. Download Kern Schools Card Alerts from the App Store.
2. Open the App.
3. Tap on “Create an Account.”
4. Accept the Terms and Conditions outlined by the Financial Institution. Tap on “I Accept.”
5. Enter Full Name, Email Address, Username, Password. Then Taps Create Account.
First and Last Name
Username: 7-32 Alphanumeric characters. Cannot include special characters and is not case sensitive.
Password: must be 7-32 Alphanumeric and special characters. The password cannot be ascending or descending sequence (123456789, 987654321) and 1 digit cannot make up over half the password.
6. You will receive a verification email and will need to enter the code provided in the email on the Very Email Address Screen.
7. Tap Continue.
1. Tap “Forgot?” next to the Password.
2. Enter their Username and tap Send Instructions.
3. The cardholder will receive an email with a verification code.
4. Enter the Verification Email Code in the Verify Email Address Screen. Tap Continue.
5. Enter new password and confirm password. Tap Reset Password. The password must be 7-32 Alphanumeric and special characters. The password cannot be acsending or descending sequence (123456789, 987654321) and 1 digit cannot make up over half the password.
6. Cardholder will be taken to the Sign In Screen.
Yes, you can use up to 10 mobile devices to access your accounts.
1. You must successfully enroll with the mobile service app then tap the menu icon on the left and tap Profile, then Mobile Number, tap Plus sign next Phone numbers.
2. Add the Phone Number and tap Save.
3. Tap Confirm.
4. Wait for the verification email to your primary email address. When you receive the email, enter the verification code in the Verify Number Screen.
5. Tap Continue.
6. Once this is complete, you will be taken to the main app screen.
1. Tap the Menu Drawer
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Delete Profile
4. You will receive a message “Are you sure you want to delete your profile?” Tap “Continue”
5. Once you delete your profile you will no longer have access to the App.
6. You will need to re-enroll if they want access to the App.
1. Simply, tap the “+” next to Cards in the mainscreen.
2. Tap on Cards.
3. Add the Card Detail Information. Tap “Add card.”
4. After your card is added you will be taken back to the main app screen.
Note: If this a Prepaid card trying to add a Joint Cardholder to the mobile account, they cannot. Prepaid only allows the Primary Cardholder to add their card and add the Joint Cardholder’s mobile phone number to the Manage Alerts to receive alerts on the Prepaid card.
Should have you additional questions or concerns please contact us at (661) 833-7900/(800) 221-3311 (if outside of Bakersfield.)