Makes Cents Checking
Get the tools you need to easily manage your money, while enjoying great benefits and protection. Our “Makes Cents” Checking Account offers a variety of features to enhance your life that you won’t find at the big banks:
- A waived monthly service fee with monthly direct deposit, eStatement enrollment and twelve (12) or more debit card purchases per calendar month.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: Receive coverage for up to three events per year, $80.00 per occurrence! Tows, lockouts, flat tires, dead batteries, and other services included.
- Everywhere Cash Savings: Saving at your favorite retailers has never been easier! Earn cash back for online purchases or print coupons to use in-store. Visit www.everywheresavings.com for more information.
- Everyday Rebate Rewards: Get rewarded by purchasing items you use every day! Send in your receipts, up to $100.00 every quarter, and earn 10% cash back. Enjoy up to $40.00 in annual rebates.
- Free online account access and eStatements through DataNet online banking.
- Overdraft Protection Available.
- Ready Cash Line of Credit.
- Regular Share/Savings Transfer: Incoming debit transactions (paper checks, electronic items, and automatic debit card transactions) can still be paid when funds are not available via an automatic transfer from your Regular Share/Savings Account.
- Courtesy Pay: Kern Schools offers a discretionary overdraft protection service called Courtesy Pay, with limits up to $500.00, to cover transactions when funds are not available in an account. A $30.00 Courtesy Pay fee is assessed for each transaction that utilizes Courtesy Pay.
- Paper checks, electronic items, as well as debit card and ATM transactions can all be covered with Courtesy Pay.
- Before debit card and ATM transactions will be covered by Courtesy Pay, a Member must Opt-In to coverage for those transactions.
- Accessible through an ATM, Visa Check Card, DataNet Online Banking, DataMobile, DataVoice, our Communications Center, or by visiting any of our convenient branch locations.
Makes Cents Checking Account Rates
|Account Name||Minimum Opening Balance||Monthly Service Fee|
|Makes Cents Checking Account||$25.00||$5.00 if conditions are not met*|
*Members who have a monthly direct deposit, enroll in eStatements, and conduct twelve (12) or more debit card transactions (PIN or signature point of sale transactions, non-ATM transactions) per calendar month, will pay NO SERVICE FEE for their Makes Cents Checking. Members who do not meet the monthly qualifications can take advantage of this checking account for only $5.00 per month.
Kappa Checking Account
Children and teens ages eleven through seventeen have access to a Kappa Account, allowing our young Members to enjoy all the benefits of Kern Schools Membership, including a free checking account and Visa Check Card (with parent of guardian co-signature).
- Minimum opening deposit of $5.00.
- No account fees.
- Accessible through an ATM, Visa Check Card, DataNet online banking, DataMobile, DataVoice, our Communications Center, or by visiting any of our convenient branch locations.
Running Low on Checks?
Members can quickly and easily order checks anytime, anywhere by logging into DataNet online banking.
Once logged in, select the account for which you would like to order checks. From the menu options select “More Actions” and choose “Order Checks.” You will be automatically directed to the Deluxe Check Ordering website, where you can select and order the checks you would like.