“Same Day ACH” is a rule adopted by the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), the organization which manages the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, allowing for electronic payments to be processed in one (1) business day. As someone who banks with Kern Schools Federal Credit Union, this means electronic debits and credits may post to your account quicker than what you have experienced in the past.
The Same Day ACH rule requires financial institutions, like Kern Schools, to follow a three (3)-year implementation schedule. This schedule, as well as how Kern Schools is implementing the rule, is as follows:
- Phase one, implemented on September 13, 2016, allowed for an electronic credit, or credits, to be posted to your account(s) on the day in which it is created by the sender and received by Kern Schools.
- Similarly, phase two, which goes into effect on September 15, 2017, will allow for an electronic debit, or debits, to be posted to your account(s) on the day in which it is created by the sender and received by Kern Schools.
- Phase three, which goes into effect March 16, 2018, requires receiving financial institutions, like Kern Schools, to post both electronic debits and credits received on a given business day by 5:00 p.m., local time. Please note, Kern Schools implemented phase three on September 13, 2016.
Electronic transactions pertaining to this new rule, which can be received and processed by Kern Schools, include: payrolls, electronic payments made online or by phone, expedited bill payments, and account-to-account transfers.
This information is provided in order for you to be aware of the NACHA rule and how it may affect transactions on your account(s).
Contacting Kern Schools during business hours is easy, and there are multiple ways to do so.
Choose the option most convenient for you:
- Call our Contact Center: (661) 833-7900 or (800) 221-3311 (if outside of Bakersfield)
- Live Chat with a Member Service Representative through your computer or mobile device