In California, regardless of whether or not you have a will, your estate could be subject to the costs and delays associated with probate, if you have more than $150,000 in assets. It is important to have a plan in place to help overcome the challenges of estate distribution.
For this reason, Kern Schools has partnered with Affinity Trusts to offer our Members a quality estate plan.
With an Estate Plan you can:
- Avoid the pitfalls of using joint ownership as a way to transfer property.
- Empower the right person to make decisions for you if there is a medical emergency.
- Avoid probate and federal estate taxes.
- Provide for minor children.
- Distribute your estate according to your wishes.
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union is not responsible for the products or recommendations provided by Affinity Trusts and Citadel Law Corporation, nor any business transactions conducted between the Member and Citadel Law Corporation Trusts.